The McElhaney - Hart Funeral Home was originally established in 1870 by Marion B. Stultz. In 1930, the W. R. Briggs Family purchased the business. In 1939, the Briggs Family purchased the Taylor-Zent Home and moved the business to its current location. The Taylor-Zent Home was built in 1895 as a private residence with 17 rooms and a full ballroom on the third floor. Edward Merckx purchased the business from the Briggs Family in the mid 1950's. Then, in 1973, Morris Hart started working with Mr. Merckx and in 1974 became a partner and the name changed to The Merckx-Hart Funeral Home. Mr. Hart bought out Mr. Merckx in 1978 and the name was changed again, to The Hart Funeral Home. In 1999 Michael T. McElhaney started working with Mr. Hart and in 2002, Mr. McElhaney purchased the business and it became The McElhaney - Hart Funeral Home. Through all of its changes, two things have remained the same, our local family ownership and our commitment and compassion towards the families we serve.